JFK Anime CLub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JFK Anime CLub

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Now and Then, Here and There

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Parable
Mods=Gods
Mods=Gods
Parable

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Now and Then, Here and There Empty
PostSubject: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 am

Now and Then, Here and There.
Watch if you feel like getting depressed.

Awful things happen to people but this one takes the cake in piling horrible situation on the likes of the main characters. The plot revolves around a boy who sees a strange girl sitting on a tall building. When he goes up to investigate they are attacked by strange snakelike machines and are teleported to from, well Now and Here to Then and There. The far off future is a crapsack barren world where much power rest in the hands of the completely insane King Hamdo (think Hitler with a bowl-cut and take the Allies out of the picture) who destroys entire villages but not before taking the young ones for child soldiers (the fate of most our cast + the hero despite his resistance and constant beatings) and the girls for rape in the hopes that they will beget more child soldiers (the fate of the main female). The world is short on water and the strange girl from before can make water appear out of nowhere which Hamdo wants to use not to relieve his famished people but to power his war machine. The girl isn't interested and spends much of her time imprisoned as a result (She gets off the lightest).

I don't want to spoil it so thats all I'll say. But remember, when they say it gets worse before it gets better? Extend the in got worse part 50 times over and apply it to the show about every five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Fridae
Beastman
Beastman
Fridae

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 pm

That IS depressing. Especially coming from the writer who has "never written an unhappy ending".
Back to top Go down
Luna
Pres
Pres
Luna

Female
Number of posts : 138
Location : that's for me to know and you to find out if you really REALLY want to know
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:57 am

i heard about this one...
this is under the list of things to watch
i think i'll watch it when the season of watching anime hits me again
Back to top Go down
Parable
Mods=Gods
Mods=Gods
Parable

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:51 am

When does that season start? Put this at the end in any case. Watching this will make you not want to watch anything for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Fridae
Beastman
Beastman
Fridae

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 am

Nu-uh. She's prolly going to want to watch something extra cheerful to get her mind off it.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Pres
Pres
Luna

Female
Number of posts : 138
Location : that's for me to know and you to find out if you really REALLY want to know
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 am

lol i'll probably be off watching anime besides the daily ones i watch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now and Then, Here and There   Now and Then, Here and There Empty

Back to top Go down

Now and Then, Here and There
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JFK Anime CLub :: Anime-
Jump to: